Clandon is a church school but your family does not have to attend church for your children to come to our school.
Our Admissions Policies for 2019-2020, 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 are available below.
You will also find associated supplementary information forms. This form should only be completed if you are applying under the church attendance criterion as a worshipper at either the church of St Peter and St Paul, West Clandon or St Thomas, East Clandon. The completed form should be sent to the school office at the time of application. This information may be used if there are more applicants for our school than places available.
Applications for admission into our reception class are made via Surrey County Council's website. To access Surrey's website for further information click on the following link Applying for School Places in Surrey Applications for a reception place closed on 15th January 2020 and are being processed by Surrey County Council.
Admissions to all year groups during the school year (ie apart from children joining Reception Class in September) are classed as 'In Year Admissions'. Due to the Covid-19 response, Surrey County Council has currently suspended processing in year applications until it becomes clearer when schools will reopen. The reasons for this are as follows:
- Many schools are closed
- Those schools with staff available have other priorities
- The number of in year applications is likely to decrease
- The current situation may well impact on parents' decisions about preferences, e.g. a parent who is seeking to change schools may decide it is preferable for their child to return to their current school, when schools reopen
- If schools do not reopen until September, places may be required in different year groups or schools (i.e. if child is in Year 2 and moving to a junior school, or in Year 6 and moving to a secondary school).
- There may be limited staff to process in year applications.
- Parents will not be able to obtain the required Headteacher statement and, even if some Headteachers are available, in the current circumstances Surrey feels it is unreasonable to put this additional pressure on schools.
Surrey County Council has updated the in year pages on its website (www.surreycc.gov.uk/schools-and-learning/schools/admissions/in-year) with the following notice and have also removed the links to the CMA/SMA forms:
"Due to the closure of schools, in year applications will not be processed until further notice. However, if you have already submitted your application we will write to you if we believe your application to be incomplete or if we need further information. Once we know when schools are due to reopen we will restart the process of considering in year applications and we will write to give you the outcome at that time. In the meantime if your circumstances change and you wish to withdraw your in year application please let us know.
Our priority continues to be the new round primary allocation and coordinated process, ahead of the offer day on 16 April 2020. Thereafter we will endeavour to maintain waiting list allocations for both primary and secondary to ensure we can give parents as much certainty as we can with regard to school places for September 2020. We hope that this will help reduce customer contact with both schools and the Local Authority at this already challenging and difficult time."
Please do not hesitate to contact Clandon School Office on email@example.com if you require any further information.
A message from Surrey Admissions and Transport: "We no longer produce booklets on the primary and secondary admissions process and encourage parents and schools to access this information online here